“I AM POWERFUL”
Holly Cline, holistic esthetician and owner of Holly Cline Skincare in Seattle, shares her recipe for a Cold Moon Juniper Bath Ritual and Nourishing Mask Facial as part of our Home Spa Ritual series.
HOLLY CLINE'S COLD MOON JUNIPER BATH RITUAL
Tonight the sky will be illuminated by the final and 13th full moon of 2020. The beautiful Cold Moon marks the early signs of winter, the changing cold weather and the ushering in of a new year.
This is a great time to cozy up inside, reflect on 2020 and begin manifesting the changes we wish for in 2021. This is a particularly important new year and our intentions will be powerful. May the moon guide us into discovery of our own inner power of strength and beauty. Let us embrace the magic and darkness of winter while bathing in the moon's powerful light.
For tonight’s home spa ritual we’ll begin by preparing a beautifully fragrant juniper berry bath soak. Juniper berries not only smell amazing with their bright pine-like scent, they also contain many skin soothing benefits. They are rich in antioxidants and contain anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties making them great for soothing tired muscles, acne, psoriasis and eczema.
Juniper Berry Soak
- Take 2 tablespoons of juniper berries and gently crush them in a mortar and pestle.
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a small saucepan, then add the crushed juniper berries.
- Turn off the heat and allow to steep for 20 minutes.
- Add the mixture to a hot bath.
While we wait for the berries to steep, begin the next step of the home spa ritual, a double mask skin treat! I love a good facial mask, and two are even better! We'll start with an exfoliating mask to remove dead skin cells and brighten the skin, followed by a treatment mask to soothe, repair and hydrate.
- Start by cleansing the skin with the Dr. Alkaitis Organic Purifying Cleanser.
- Mix a small amount of the Dr. Alkaitis Organic Enzyme Exfoliating Mask with a few drops of filtered water and apply to damp skin. Keep the mask on your skin for up to 7 minutes making sure you keep it damp.
- Rinse mask thoroughly, leaving your skin damp.
- For the second mask, mix a tablespoon or two of the Dr. Alkaitis Organic Universal Mask with a few drops of filtered water plus 5-7 pumps of the Dr. Alkaitis Organic Nourishing Treatment Oil until you have a creamy, velvety consistency. You may also use raw organic honey or goat's milk yogurt in place of the treatment oil. To keep it vegan I love it mixed with the oil. You may also swap the universal mask with the Organic Cellular Repair Mask or the Organic Beautifying Mask, depending on your skin's individual needs.
- Apply the second mask to damp skin and allow it to work for 10 to 15 minutes, making sure throughout that the mask does not dry out.
- Rinse the mask off thoroughly.
- Apply a few drops of the Dr. Alkaitis Organic Soothing Gel and a couple of drops of the Organic Nourishing treatment Oil. Your skin is now healthy and refreshed!
Once you are done masking, and the juniper berries have finished steeping, it's time to indulge in a beautiful winter bath!
Start by straining the berries and pouring the warm tea into a hot bath.
To further heighten the beautiful, wintery aroma, add cedar leaves and fresh rosemary sprigs.
To complete the magical winter forest ambiance, add white flowers to represent snow. I chose dainty white chamomile flowers and beautiful white carnations that represent love and luck for me. You can choose whichever white flowers appeal to you.
Soak in this peaceful, luxurious bath for at least 15 minutes.
Crystals for the Full Moon & New Year
Blessed full moon and a very Happy New Year to each of you!
HOLLY CLINE SKINCARE
1817 Queen Anne Avenue North, Ste. 415
Seattle, WA 98109
CALL OR TEXT TO BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT
All photos taken by Holly Cline
Another fantastic piece, Holly! Can’t wait to try this winter bath. Thanks for sharing your many talents with us.